Hello, in this article I am going to show you how you can create bootable USB for macOS Mojave 10.14 on windows 10. As you know that Apple Inc releases a new operating system every year, Firstly the Beta version will be available for the users then the final version will be released a month later. you all know about it and you know how to upgrade or install it on Mac devices. Windows users can install macOS on their windows PC with the help of Virtualization. Virtualization is the method of using macOS on Windows or Linux and Windows Operating system on Mac. after you download macOS Mojave 10.14, you will need to create a bootable USB for the macOS Mojave.
However, if you have created bootable USB for macOS High Sierra then you can create bootable USB for macOS Mojave as well because the way of creating is the same. this method gives a 100% result for creating a Bootable USB.
For creating Bootable USB for macOS Mojave 10.14, you need to download and install VMware Workstation Pro then install macOS Mojave 10.14 on it.
- macOS Mojave 10.14 Setup
- 16 GB USB Flash Drive
- Commands to copy macOS Mojave 10.14 to USB Flash Drive
Create Bootable USB For macOS Mojave 10.14 on Windows
For creating a bootable USB for macOS Mojave 10.14 on windows you need to download the macOS Mojave 10.14 first. and now the final version of macOS Mojave 10.14 is available you can download it. so, you can download it from App store which needs Developer account if you have it then go and download it if you do not have a developer account then you can download it from here and follow the steps below
- How to Create Bootable USB for macOS Catalina 10.15 on Windows
- How to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on Windows PC
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK File for VMware and VirtualBox
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 ISO File for VMware and VirtualBox
- Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VirtualBox on Windows
Step 1. Download macOS Mojave 10.14
To download macOS Mojave 10.14 you need to follow some steps as I have explained it below.
- First, Download the Developer tool then double click on it to start installation process
- On the screen which is written welcome, click continue
- Now, agree to agreement and license of developer tool then click continue
- Specify the location to be installed then click click install
- Enter the password and confirm it and click install the software
- Close the developer Utility tool after it has been completed.
Step 2. Erase the USB Flash Drive
Before to create bootable USB for macOS Mojave 10.14 on windows. you need to partition it and change the format.
For Erase the USB Flash Drive follow the instruction
- Insert the USB Flash Drive
- Open spotlight and search for Disk Utility
- In Dist Utility select the USB and Erase it according to this setting
- Name: Any Name
- Format: Mac OS X Extended ( Journaled)
- Scheme: GUID Partition Map
When you did these changes then select erase to partition the USB then click Done and close the disk utility.
Step 3. Copy macOS Mojave 10.14 to USB using Terminal
In this Step, You can copy macOS Mojave to USB Flash Drive using other software too. Here we should not use the terminal which is a built-in feature of mac. So, you need to follow the instruction to create bootable USB for macOS Mojave 10.14.
- Open the terminal by searching in the spotlight
- Now paste the below command in terminal
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled —applicationpath/Applications/Install\macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app —nointeraction
If you face any error when you paste it in the terminal
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app
After you paste the command, the terminal will ask about the password for confirmation. while you are typing the password, you will not able to see it. after that, the terminal will ask you to enter the Y to continue then wait for macOS Mojave 10.14 to be copied to USB.
This all was about how to create bootable USB for macOS Mojave 10.14 on windows and I have provided the files and the guidance to the creation of USB