How to Fix MSVCP140.dll Missing on Windows 10, 8, 7
Most of you are trying to find out a solution for the error which occur when you open a program on your PC like While I was trying to open a Adobe Photoshop but got a massage and it was written that “The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem”.
You don’t have any tention or worry because I have found the solution for you.so in this article I am going to show you how to fix the MSVCP140.dll missing file on windows.
How to Fix MSVCP140.Dll Missing on Windows 10 and 7
There are 3 ways to fix MSVCP140.dll missing file in windows 10 and 7. The first one is to install Microsoft and the second way is reinstalling MSVCP140.dll and the third one is to perform clean installation of the program on your PC so we are going to solve it.
Method 1. Reinstalling the Microsoft isual C++ Redistributable Package
Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable package is already in your computer when you are installing the OS Operating system in your PC by default, MSVCP140.dll missing file is a component of Microsoft visual C++ so every Operating system has it.
However, you can download the package from Microsoft official website any time. try to download it from official website, sometimes other websites are providing this package but when you open it. You will get the virus and malware. So let’s solve this problem on windows 10 or 7.
- Press the windows key on your keyboard
- Now type “system information” then press enter
- Go to system information to know that which windows operating system you use 32 or 64 bit windows OS.
- Go to Microsoft official website to download the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable update then select your language the download.
- Choose the file which is suitable for your windows
- Double click it after the downloading file
- Follow the instructions on the installing file
- Reboot the computer after installation has been completed
- Open the program or application that prompted the error massage
Method 2. Installing the MSVCP140.dll File
Many of the programs or applications will be stop due to missing file of MSVCP140.dll, so you need to restore the file or install the file to run the programs or application on your PC. For that we have to follow some steps to fix the error.
- Click the search icon on taskbar
- On search icon type “command Prompt” then click Enter
- Now type “sfc/scannow”
- After that click Enter
- You have to wait for some minutes until SFC scan and restoration process to be complete
Method 3. Clean Installation of the Program
There is an other way to fix the MSVCP140.dll missing file error is to perform a clean installation of the program on your windows 10 or windows 7. Here are the instructions to fix the error massage on your windows.
- Press windows + R then a RUN will be open
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in RUN then Enter after that the list of program will be seen
- Now you have to find the program which shows the error, then right click on it after that
- Select uninstall
- Confirm the uninstall process by clicking yes
- Reboot your system
- Now install back the program again, the error will be fix automatically
Fixing the MMSVCP140.Dll Missing on Windows 10 and 7 is so simple, You don’t worry, i have resolved the error in three methods. Any of them are easy for you to solve your problems.