Hello, Apple company has recently launched the newest version of macOS which has called macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta. This version of the macOS has many differences from the previous version which called macOS Mojave 10.14 was released in June 2018. macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta and macOS Mojave 10.14 has huge changes like in many different features and operating system. macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta has many new and different features plus changes in the operating system.
Apply company always introduce the new product of its a company on WWDC ( World Wide Developers Conference) and on WWDC19 Apple has introduced WatchOS 6, TVOS, iOS 13, Mac Pro 2019, iPad OS and macOS 10.15 Catalina and all this new product was new and surprising for the Apple company’s fan or users. The newest features of macOS Catalina include the tight security and performance improvement than before due to the hackers. Another feature is that you are able to connect the external monitors or an iPad.
Therefore, you can see there is a lot of platforms that make you possible to install an operating system like Vmware workstation, Virtual Box, Hyper – V, Boot Camp, and many more that you can install on windows 10. This virtual machine makes you possible to install windows, Linux and macOS too easy so VirtualBox is open-source which is free compare to VMware but VMware workstation has more functionalities then Virtual Box so you need to buy VMware workstation anyhow, in this article I am going to show you how to install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC.
Some Features of macOS Catalina
- Premiering Apple TV on macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta.
- Update on Photos.
- Apple Music, Podcasts, and TV are available on macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta.
- Improvement of Notes on macOS.
- Take usages of Apple Pencil.
- Screen Time.
- Find me.
- High Security and Privacy.
- Voice access to all Devices.
- Connect to Monitors and iPads.
- Updates on Reminders and Safari.
- Connectable Apple watches to macOS.
- Communication Limits.
- iPad Apps on macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta.
How to Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC?
When you want to install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC. First, you need to download and prepare the files which are needed, so I am going to show you how to prepare the VirtualBox for installing, please follow step by step guide. Let’s go.
VirtualBox: Virtual Box is a Virtualization Machine that you can run multiple virtual operating systems in an operating system. No matter if you use Windows, Linux, or Mac. When you run a Linux on windows that don’t need to restart the system or specify a specific menu for hard disk format. The goodness of this virtual machine that can support all operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac, DOS, and many other types of operating systems can be fully supported in this software.
Some Features of VirtualBox
- Open Source Software.
- Can take snapshots of VM.
- File Sharing Between host and VM.
- Have the ability to on 15 types of windows and 24 types of Linux.
- Install an OS using the VMDK files.
- Import/Export create OS as a VMDK file.
- Export oracle cloud infrastructure.
VirtualBox Extension Pack: Virtual Box extension pack is a set of tools that adds capabilities and new features to the VirtualBox. This tool provides support to the USB 2.0, USB 30, VirtualBox, NVMe, PXE boot, and Disk Encryption for Intel cards to all computers.
Now you need to Download VirtualBox Extension Pack for not freezing errors of mouse and keyboard while installation. So when you downloaded just double click, select install then agree to the license and agreement after that click OK
WinRAR: WinRAR can compress up to 10% more than ZIP documents in the RAR group. It can Zip and Unzip RAR, 7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE and that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Another intriguing component of this product is Self-Extract, which enables you to pack the compacted document as an executable record with the .exe expansion so it tends to be introduced on PCs without the WinRAR programming introduced.
macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta VMDK: macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta has two different extensions of VMDK and DMG so in macOS it is not possible to download the macOS dmg file like windows as iSO but you can download it from the App store. VMDK is a virtualization image that can be created with Vmware ( Pro and Fusion) and VirtualBox. In windows, that s not possible to install macOS 10.15 Catalina with dmg extension, but only VMDK is the great choice for the installing mac on windows. If you are using mac that is possible to install both with macOS dam and VMDK file.so you need to download macOS 10.15 Catalina beta VMDK file for installing or Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC.
macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta VMDK file will be uploaded soon.
- How to connect & use your iPad as a second display With macOS Catalina
- How to Install iOS 13 Developer Beta on iPhone and iPad
- Download macOS 10.15 Catalina Vmware & VirtuablBox Images
- How To Open BitLocker Encrypted Drive/USB/SD Card On MacOS And Mac OS X
Steps to Install macOS Catalina On VirtualBox
For the installation of macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on window PC you need to follow the steps guide which are below very carefully, so go according to the instructions and if you face any problem during the installation please leave a comment below.
Step 1. Install VirtualBox on Windows on PC
So for the installation of VirtualBox, you need to download above download links without those files ( VirtualBox, Virtual Extension Pack, WinRAR, and macOS 10.15 Catalina VMDK ) when you downloaded and installed them after that open the VirtualBox
- Double click on set up to launch.
- After the welcome window by clicking next, next then next.
- Just click on Yes to skip the network.
- Click on install to copy the files of the virtual box.
- Now click finish.
Step 2. Install VirtualBox Extension Pack for Not Freezing
You have to install VirtualBox extension pack because during the installation the keyboard and mouse will be freezing and got the error so this software is needed so click on the virtual box extension pack to run the installer then click on the install, and agree to the license after that wait for the completion of the installing.
Step 3. Create New VirtualBox Machine For macOS Catalina on Windows on PC
For creating a new virtual box machine for macOS Catalina on windows, you need to follow some steps.
1. When you downloaded the macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta. You need to extract it with WinRAR. The Actual size of macOS 10.15 Catalina is more than 8 GB but when you compress it. It will reduce to 6 GB.
2. For creating New VM, open the VirtualBox, click on New then give a name for the VirtualBox.
3. Now select the location then select the Mac OS X version with Mac OS x (64 bit).
4. Now you need to specify the amount of RAM but remember the amount of RAM should be more than 2 GB.
5. The step where you will address the Virtual machine to the downloaded of macOS Catalina for that you need to select the third options know as “ select Use an existing virtual hard drive” after that click browse and locate the extracted macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Step 4. Edit The Virtual Machine Setting
Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows needs some edition of virtual machine setting somehow so follow the guidance.
1. The VM which is Created need some Customization when you are done with creating a new virtual machine, now open the setting of the VM that you created and linked the macOS 10.15 Catalina, first setting move to the system tab then uncheck the floppy drive.
2. You need to go to the Processors tab and Increase the Processors 1 to 2.
3. Now go to the Display tab and increase the amount of RAM from 1 to 128 bit.
4. Here you need to configure the USB so go to the USB tab then select USB 3.0 (xHCI), Controller.
Step 5. Apply Codes to Avoid Errors During Using Commands Prompt
To install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox, The codes which you are going to apply inside the CMD will solve the errors like –Cpuidset which modifies the VM as an Apple Product. These codes will enable many features of mac for the VM.
1. For applying these codes in VM you need to close the VirtualBox just go to menu then click on Exit. you may click on X but it will be open in the background so Exit it.
2. Now copy the code from the below code panel, instead of “Your VM Name”, you need to type the name of the VM which you created.
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your Virtual Machine Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 04100800 7fbae3ff bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "MacBookPro11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
3. Here open the start menu then search for CMD after that right-click and select Run as Administrator.
4. You need to Copy the codes line by line and paste it one by one on CMD
How to Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows
When you passed all the step of installing VirtualBox, Now you need to do the last steps install macOS Catalina on Virtualbox on the window, that is so simple so during this installation you don’t need any screenshot or I will make another article for it and explain it very briefly for you as soon as possible so let’s begin
- First launch the virtual box then turn the create a virtual machine
- After that, the welcome window will be open so select your language and country
- For another keyword, you expect to use, click on continue
- Select don’t transfer any information.
- Now you have to decide whether you log in with Apple ID or not.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions of Apple.
- Now you need to create a user account for your macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Select Light or Dark mode Look.
- Then Continue on the express set up window.
you have installed successfully macOS 10.15 Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC, so if you face any problem during the installation or downloading please leave a comment on the comment box, or if you like our articles you can also share your ideas on the comment box.