How to Install macOS Catalina on VMware Fusion on macOS
Install macOS Catalina on VMware Fusion on macOS, On October 2019 macOS Catalina 10.15 was released along with MacBook Pro 16 inches, Apple Inc always released the new Mac Operating System as Beta version, the Beta version is the test version that makes you possible to install it on your Mac or Windows ( by Virtual Machine). Beta version is not a complete version of macOS Catalina 10.15, you may face many problems and errors such as Apps problems, iCloud error, Booting problems, sometimes it stuck to connect with Bluetooth and WiFi and many more other issues.
macOS Catalina 10.15 has amazing and unique new features like sideCar and other features are like TV app, High security, and privacy, Apple Music. the new feature such as SideCar is defined as you can use the iPad as a second screen display of Mac-like when you are drawing on your iPad same time you can see it on your Mac. this feature made macOS Catalina 10.15 beautiful.
However, using macOS on windows is awesome with the help of the virtualization technology. it makes the best environment which makes it possible to test anything like windows, macOS, and Kali Linux. Virtual machines software and applications can perform many tasks. that virtualization software is VMware and VirtualBox. Vmware software is not free, you need to buy it. but VirtualBox software is an open-source Virtualization App for Mac and windows and you can test macOS on windows or windows on macOS. While installing macOS Catalina 10.15 you need to take a backup of your files during the installation you may lose the data.
Install macOS Catalina on VMware Fusion
Before installing macOS Catalina 10.15 on VMware Fusion on Mac you need to take a backup of your data and download the need files which you need during the installation and follow the step by step the instruction.
Step 1. Install VMware Fusion
In addition, Installing VMware workstation player on windows or Mac is not hard to install, if you have installed much software so you can install it on your device without any guide and Installing VMware Fusion is the same as other software not different or difficult to install it.
- When the software is downloaded, double click on the software to be launched. you have to wait until the VMware Fusion appears on the Screen.
- Double click on the VMware Fusion Logo.
- While installing VMware Fusion, the operating system will ask for the password. enter the password and wait for the initializing of the VMware Fusion to be completed.
- Now agree to the license and agreement of the VMware fusion for the mac then open the security preferences.
- You have to allow the changes which VMware fusion wants to do.
- Here the VMware fusion wants you to inter the licenses key or purchase details. if you do not have to select the I want to try VMware Fusion 10 for 30 days.
- In this step, you need to select VMware Fusion Pro.
- Now you have to enter the credentials again for bringing changes.
- VMware Fusion will ask you to join the community, if you are interested you can join the community
- It was all about installing VMware Fusion on macOS.
- Install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VMware on windows
- Install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox on Windows
- Download macOS Catalina 10.15 Installer Files (ISO, DMG, VMDK, Image Files)
Step 2. Extract the macOS Catalina 10.15 VMDK File
In this part, you should extract the macOS Catalina VMDK file. Just right click on it then select unarchiver.app.
Step 3. Create a Virtual Machine and Attach the macOS Catalina
Before installing macOS Catalina 10.15 we have to create a new virtual machine for macOS Catalina then we are able to install macOS Catalina 10.15.
- The Wizard will be open automatically by default, now click on the plus icon for creating a new custom Virtual Machine.
- Select the Guest operating system then select the device which you are choosing like Apple OS X then select the macOS 10.14.
- In this step you can select the one option like Create a new virtual machine or use an existing virtual machine, Now you have to select use an existing virtual machine then located the macOS Catalina 10.15.
- Here you can change the settings like the location to be installed and the version of VM should be used. After that click on the Finish.
- You can increase the amount of RAM, Processor, Hard drive, and more. to increase the amount of RAM, go to the setting window then choose processors and memory, when the tab is opened change the amount of RAM. Here RAM has two processors or more.
- Now you can have to change the guest operating system to windows x64. this change is due to the problem with installing macOS on VMware. later we will change it back to macOS Catalina 10.14. go to the general setting then select OS and change it to windows x64.
- Go to the Virtual Machine Menu and select Start-up.
- Wait until the installation is complete then select restart for rebooting Guest Operating System.
Fix Stuck at the Apple Logo while Installing macOS Catalina 10.15
- After the restarting Guest Operating System, you will face an error like EFI VMware Virtual SATA.
- For fixing the error, logout the Guest operating system to macOS 10. Go to Virtual Machine Menu then click on Shut down.
- When you Shut down the Guest operating system, click on the gear icon (setting of VM).
- Now you need to go to the General tab then change the guest operating system from windows x64 to Apple mac OS X.
Step 4. Install macOS Catalina 10.15
- First, select your country.
- continue with Data and Privacy.
- Select not to transfer any info to this Mac.
- Sign in with Apple ID or local Account.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
- Now create a user account.
- Continue with express setup.
- Continue with analytics.
- Again, Continue with screen time.
- Choose a look.
- Wait until the windows should be ready for you.
Read about installing macOS Catalina
This was all about how to install macOS Catalina on Vmware Fusion on macOS, for that you need to download the VMware fusion and macOS Catalina VMDK file. above I have explained everything which is needed to be done while installing macOS Catalina 10.15 on Vmware Fusion on macOS.