How to Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows PC
In this article, I am going to explain how to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows 10 PC. macOS Mojave was introduced in 2018 at WWDC ( World Wide Developers Conference ) then Apple company has released the Beta version, Public Beta, and final version of macOS 10.14 Mojave. With macOS 10.14 Mojave Apple has introduced TVOS, WatchOS, iOS, and iPhone X and many more
However, After macOS High Sierra 10.13. This time macOS Mojave 10.14 has many changes in its features such as Dark Mode. a dynamic background that changes according to an hour of the day, New App Store, News, Group Facetime, stocks, and more.
So, those who want to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on windows need to have specific system like 6GB RAM, 64 Bit Running windows, SSD, and those who do not have SSD. They can install it on HDD.
New Features of macOS 10.14 Mojave
The new features of macOS Mojave 10.14 are so amazing and awesome so Apple has highlight the features
- Easy screenshot
- Dark Mode/Light Mode
- Continuity Camera
- Desktop Stacks
- Dynamic Desktop
- OS and Safari security improvement
- Finder Enhancement, Gallery View and Quick Actions
How to Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox Machine
For installing macOS Mojave 10.14 on windows you need to download the required file such as WinRAR, VirtualBox Latest Version, and macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK File.
- Download macOS Mojave iSO File
- Download Oracle VM VirtualBox ( Latest Version)
- macOS Mojave 10.14 Full ( 9 Parts) Download
- Codes for macOS Mojave 10.14 for VirtualBox
- VirtualBox 6.0.4 Oracle VM Virtualbox Extension Pack
How to Install Oracle VM VirtualBox on your PC
- You have to download the VirtualBox
- After you downloaded the VirtualBox. Right-click on the setup then open software for installation
- Then, on the next window, complete the configuration of VirtualBox on your PC
Download and Install VirtualBox
First, You need to download and install VirtualBox on your PC. VirtualBox is open-source virtualization software for Mac, Windows, and Linux. to install macOS Mojave 10.14 , you need to download the latest version of VirtualBox but if you are using VirtualBox 4x or an older one it’s okay. some times it may cause problem while you are using the old version of VirtualBox
Extract macOS Mojave 10.14 Virtual Image
macOS Mojave 10.14 Virtual Image is compressed and zipped due to the big size of the file. the actual size of the virtual image file is 10 GB. when it is compressed it decreased to 6 GB . for the extraction of the file, you need to download 7zip or WinRAR to unzip it.
Create a New Virtual Machine for macOS Mojave 10.14
When you installed Virtualbox on your PC, open the program then click on New at the top of the window.
- Type a name for the Virtual Machine
- When you gave a name for virtual Machine then Copy it
- Now, Increase the Memory size to 4 GB RAM
Note: when you are giving a name for Virtualbox. it will detect the Version and architecture of the VirtualBox. but if you type Test 1. It will not detect the version and architecture of the VirtualBox.
Add the macOS Mojave 10.14 virtual Image to Virtual Machine
When you increased the amount of RAM, you will be directed to Hard Disk Panel. To locate the macOS Mojave 10.14 follow the steps
- Select use an existing Virtual Hard Disk File
- Then, Click on the yellow folder and locate the macOS Mojave 10.14
- Now click on create
Customizing Virtual Machine’s Preferences
For better performance and perfect working of macOS Mojave on your system, you need to customize the virtual machine preferences.
- Boot Order
- Amount of Processors
- Video Memory
- Storage Cache
For editing Them, You need to select the Virtual Machine then go to setting. first thing to do is open system panel and uncheck floppy from boot order.
Secondly, go to process tab. Open it and increase the amount of processor from 1 to 2 processor and Enable the Enable PAE/NX feature
Third, Go to Display Panel and increase the size of video memory from 1 to 128 MB. It’s optional to enable 3D accelerations
Fourth, Now enable the caching feature. For that go to storage tab, on the attribute panel enable Use Host I/O cache.
Enable Apple Services for macOS Mojave 10.14 with command prompt and Codes
VirtualBox has to ability to support the Apple Operating System but while you are testing macOS Mojave 10.14. It will fail to start the process of installing and using Mac Operating Systems. so, you need to use the following codes.
Code for virtual Box 5x and 6x
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your VM Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
As i mentioned that copy the name of the virtual Machine. so, here you need to replace the name with Virtual Machine Name
For that follow the steps
- Run command prompt as administrator
- Copy each the line of code one by one and paste that on the command prompt. After that press the Enter.
Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VirtualBox on Windows
- First, Open VirtualBox then start the created virtual machine
- You need to wait for some seconds until the codes panel and Apple logo disappear
- Now select your country on welcome screen
- Select your keyboard layout
- Select, do not transfer any information type and click continue
- Now you can sign in with Apple ID, if you have
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Create an Account for the macOS Mojave 10.14
- Choose a look for your Mac. either Light Mode or Dark Mode
- Select Continue on the express set up window
- Now, wait for some seconds until your mac is set up for use
In this article it was all about how to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VirtualBox on Windows. so if you want to know about macOS Catalina 10.15 go to main menu and search about macOS Catalina 10.14.