On June 04, 2018, at WWDC Apple has announced one of the new operating system which is called macOS Mojave 10.14. The name of the macOS Mojave was taken from a desert instate of a mountain. after macOS High sierra’s success, Apple started focusing on better services for its user and now we have seen the result which comes out at the features of macOS Mojave 10.14. This new operating system can be installed on Mac devices, Windows 10,8,7 and Hackintosh computers which is so perfect for everyone who loves to use the new Mac operating system (macOS Mojave 10.14).
However, This amazing macOS Mojave has a satisfactions features that are consist of high and latest features such as Dark Mode ( before users can only use light mode in the previous operating system), a live background that changes according to the date, News Stock, Major update on finder, All-new Mac App Store, Voice memos and Home, Sneak peek of Developer Framework for Mac Apps and other new features.
In addition, Windows users can also use the Mac Operating System on their windows PC. With the help of Virtualization which is called VMware and VirtualBox. Testing macOS Mojave on Windows PC needs some specifications like 64 Bit Running windows, 6 GB RAM, and an SSD Card which makes you easy to use the Mac Operating system. if your system does not have an SSD Card then you can run it on HDD Card. those systems which are 32 Bit running windows they can not install macOS on their system due to low specification of the system.
- How to Create Bootable USB For macOS Mojave on Windows
- Download macOS Mojave VMDK File for VirtualBox and VMware
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 ISO File for VirtualBox and VMware
- Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VirtualBox on Windows
Install macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows PC
When you want to install macOS Mojave on Windows PC, your system needs to have below specifications to fulfill the need of macOS Mojave 10.14 Requirements on VMware Workstation.
- Up to 2 GB of RAM ( 6 GB RAM is Better)
- 13 GB of Hard Disk space
- For upgrading of macOS High Sierra 19 GB of Hard space required
- 2 GB of Graphic Card
- 256 GB Graphic Memory
- Virtualization should be enabled for BIOS System.
Apple Devices which can support macOS Mojave 10.14
- Mac Pro
- iMac Pro
- MacBook ( Retina)
- MacBook Air
- 2 MacBook Pro
- Mac Mini.
Download macOS Mojave 10.14
you can download all the files from here which I am going to mention them below, you need to extract them all by WinRAR or 7 Zip software. because all the files are compressed by WinRAR to unzip them all. when the installation is done you need to download the macOS Mojave Images then unzip them all. there is no exact place for extraction. anywhere you can do it.
- Vmware Workstation Player
- Unblocker Master
- macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK File
- macOS Mojave 10.14 iSO File
- Media Fire ( one full) Download
Latest Version of macOS Mojave 10.14.3 ( 07 Feb 2019 update).
Steps to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on Vmware on Windows 10
For installing macOS Mojave on 10.14 on VMware on Windows you need to download all the download links first then complete the system requirements after that follow the installation guide carefully. one thing more, take a backup of you data first because during the installation you may lose the data and can not be recovered.
Step 1. Extract the macOS Mojave 10.14 Virtual Images ( VMDK File)
we usually compress the File due to the big size of the file, now the exact size of the macOS Mojave 10.14 Virtual images are 15 GB when we compress it on Mac Computer it becomes 5 GB.
so, for the extraction of the files, you can use WinRAR or 7 Zip.
Step 2. Install VMware Workstation Player
When you want to use a VMware workstation player for installing macOS Mojave 10.14 on windows, it is free to use but for commercial use, it is not free. VMware workstation pro is not free you need to buy it from its website. VMware provides a sneak peek of VMware workstation Pro features in Vmware workstation Player.
For the Virtualization software, you can use VMware workstation player for free.
Step 3. Enable Apple Services on VMware
When you install macOS Mojave 10.14 on Vmware on windows, VMware do not support the Mac Operating system so you need to enable the Apple Services for Workstation Player.
For enabling the Apple Services on workstation player, you need to download and install macOS Mojave Unblocker Master or tool. Extract the file after downloading then find their win-Install.cmd inside the unblocker Master Directory then right right-click and select Run as Administrator.
Step 4. Create a Virtual Machine Workstation Player
To install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on windows you need to create virtual machine.
- First, you need to open VMware workstation player then select create to the new virtual machine
- Now select I will install the Operating system Later.
- Select Apple Mac OS X with 10.14 version then click Next.
Step 5. Specify Disk Capacity and Name for Virtual Machine
- You can give a name and select the place of virtual Machine to be installed, so location is important you have to note it. because in further steps you will add code in a virtual machine.
- Now you have to specify the amount of storage space for macOS Mojave 10.14 and select the store virtual disk as a single file.
Step 6. Customize Hardware for Virtual Machine
After you specified the amount of Storage, a new window will be opened and the next step you need to select customize hardware.
- You can change the amount of RAM from 2 GB to 4 GB or 6GB.
- Then change the amount of Processor from 2 to 4 Processors.
- Enable the accelerate of the 3D graphics by referring to Display Tab.
When you did this all then close the hardware window, and you will be back to ready to create a virtual machine window.
And now you can select Finish and macOS Mojave 10.14 virtual machine is created.
Step 7. Add macOS Mojave VMDK File to Virtual Machine
Once you created the Virtual Machine, the next step is to add macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK file to the Virtual machine for adding the VMDK File you need to select the edit virtual machine Settings then Select the hard drive on virtual machine setting and remove the hard drive.
Instead of hard drive, you need to add macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK File.
- Select Add.
- Then, Select Hard Disk.
- Select SATA.
In this step, select to use an existing Virtual Disk.
When you selected to use an existing virtual Disk, here you need to verify the location of macOS Mojave 10.14. For that click browser and located macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK file.
Step 8. Now Edit the VMX File
After installing and creating Vmware workstation player and enabled the Mac services in windows and now we have to edit the VMX File and continue to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware.
VMX is the configuration file of the created virtual machine, so now I will show you how you can apply the code to it.
- Open the created virtual machine directory first.
- then, right-click on the VMX file after that open with notepad.
- Now scroll down to the end of the VMX and paste the smc.version=”0″ code.
- Save the Changes.
Step 9. Install macOS Mojave on VMware Workstation Player on Windows
- Open the VMware then power on the macOS Mojave 10.14.
- Now wait until the Apple logo disappears.
- The new window will be open, select your country then select continue.
- select your keyboard layout.
- Here select don not transfer any information type and click continue.
- sign in with Apple ID or Not – Up to you.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now create an account for macOS Mojave 10.14.
- You can select the Light mode or Dark mode feature.
- Select continue on the express set up window.
- Have to wait for some seconds till Mac is ready for use.
You have successfully installed macOS Mojave on Vmware workstation Player on windows.
This all was about how to install macOS Mojave on VMware on windows and I have explained about the installation guide and provided the requirements file for you.