Sega says goodbye to Arcade Game Centers after the complete sale of a company division


Genda became the wholly owned subsidiary of Arcade Gaming, with a 14.9 percent stake in Sega Entertainment.

The Sega brand will no longer be available in the Japanese Arcade Game Experience Centers. Genda, which bought an 85.1% stake in Sega Entertainment in 2020, has now bought the remaining 14.9% to take full ownership of it. Sega Entertainment was a division that operated Sega-owned gaming centers in various parts of Japan; Centers filled with Sega-owned devices with which people can experience arcade games.

In fact, according to the latest game news, after about 50 years of Sega activity in the arcade game industry, the name of this company will be removed from the entertainment centers in question. This happened at a time when many were waiting for it to arrive. Because in 2020, Sega confirmed that the Akihabara Arcade Game Center would be completely closed. The reason for the sale of 85.1% of Sega Entertainment shares in 2020 was that the outbreak of the Corona / Covid 19 virus created strange conditions for this special business. As a result, when the world is not back to normal in this regard, it is not surprising that the remaining 14.9% was sold.

Picture of sonic frontiers game

Genda GiGO Entertainment is the new name of the former Sega Entertainment, and all arcade game centers in Japan that were previously owned by Sega are now fully named under the GiGO brand. While Sega will continue its other activities, there is no doubt that Sega Sammy now looks officially smaller than before with the complete omission of a division. Sega, however, is expected to continue to offer arcade games at other companies’ leisure centers.

Sega established the first arcade gaming experience entertainment center in the late 1960s, bringing the number closer to 1,000 at one point. OutRun, Virtua Fighter and Daytona USA are some of Sega’s most well-known works in the world of arcade games.

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker